DCAF – Geneva Centre for Safety Sector Governance is devoted to bettering the safety of states and their individuals inside a framework of democratic governance, the rule of legislation, respect for human rights, and gender equality. Since its founding in 2000, DCAF has contributed to creating peace and improvement extra sustainable by helping companion states, and worldwide actors supporting these states, to enhance the governance of their safety sector via inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates revolutionary information merchandise, promotes norms and good practices, supplies authorized and coverage recommendation and helps capability‐constructing of each state and non‐state safety sector stakeholders.
DCAF’s Basis Council members signify over 50 international locations and the Canton of Geneva. Lively in over 70 international locations, DCAF is internationally acknowledged as one of many world’s main centres of excellence for safety sector governance (SSG) and safety sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the rules of neutrality, impartiality, native possession, inclusive participation, and gender equality. For extra info go to and comply with us on Twitter @DCAF_Geneva.
The Europe and Central Asia Division works with governments, parliaments, safety suppliers and civil society organizations in Southeast Europe, Japanese Europe, the South Caucasus and Central Asia to assist make sure the environment friendly, efficient, accountable and accountable provision of safety, and to strengthen democratic safety sector governance. Lately, now we have positioned explicit deal with parliamentary and civil society oversight, cross-border police cooperation, police reform, border administration, defence and intelligence reform points, judicial management of the safety sector, and cybersecurity.
For our Europe and Central Asia Division Unit we’re on the lookout for a for a dynamic and extremely motivated particular person to be our:
Nationwide Advisor (100%)
Title: Nationwide Advisor
Unit: Europe and Central Asia Division, Operations Division
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Period: 6 months with a chance of extension
Reporting: Nationwide Advisor will likely be assigned to the DCAF Europe and Central Asia Division.
Duties and tasks: Nationwide Advisor will likely be chargeable for supporting and implementing safety sector governance capability constructing tasks primarily in Ukraine and upon request in different international locations in Japanese Europe, South Caucasus and Central Asia. Extra particularly, beneath the supervision of the Principal Program Supervisor, the Nationwide Advisor is in control of finishing up coverage recommendation and evaluation, coaching improvement and implementation, in addition to programme administration duties as assigned.
Key areas of accountability embrace:
- Present skilled recommendation on developments and actions pertaining to the Ukraine’s nationwide safety, Parliament, safety companies, different safety governance our bodies, and Civil Society Organisations.
- Conduct evaluation and supply recommendation on Ukraine’s strategic, authorized and regulatory frameworks debates related for nationwide safety governance.
- Help the design, improvement and implementation of DCAF’s programmatic actions associated to safety and justice sector reform, together with however not restricted to monetary administration, finances monitoring and programme and mission reporting;
- Analyze the safety and political developments in Japanese Europe, South Caucasus and Central Asia;
- Help DCAF’s donor relations efforts and assist fundraising actions, together with the event of nation technique paperwork, planning sheets, idea notes, factsheets and so on.;
- Help DCAF’s relations with companion organisations, together with the design, group, administration and implementation of joint actions;
- Arrange occasions (conferences, workshops and so on.) and perform logistical and administrative duties;
- Present any extra duties as assigned in assist of DCAF actions globally.
- College diploma in a related subject, akin to legislation, worldwide relations, battle decision, historical past, improvement, safety, peace research, or political sciences;
- Glorious proficiency in English and Ukrainian, each written and spoken;
- A minimal of 5 years work expertise in public reform sector, mission administration, ideally within the international locations of transition;
- Prior expertise in offering authorized advise, enhancing complicated texts and improvement of mission proposals is an asset;
- Sturdy analytical and communication expertise, flexibility, respect for self-discipline and expertise of working as a part of a global and multicultural crew;
- A legitimate work allow for Ukraine on the time of utility is a pre-requisite.
- a rewarding, dynamic and difficult work expertise.
- the possibility to be a part of a multicultural crew of supportive, hardworking, and values-driven individuals.
- the possibility to contribute to bettering safety of states and their individuals inside a framework of democratic governance, the rule of legislation, and respect for human rights.
Indicative beginning date: 1 August 2023.
Tips on how to apply
Should you suppose you’re a good match for DCAF and the place marketed, please ship your utility to by 21 July 2023 (midnight) with the topic heading NA-Kyiv, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational assertion in English describing your related expertise and what you may deliver to DCAF
- a concise CV (most two pages)
DCAF is dedicated to equality of alternative and encourages purposes from all certified candidates no matter intercourse, age, incapacity, gender identification, faith, or ethnicity.
People who search to serve with DCAF in any particular person capability will likely be required, if short-listed, to finish a self-attestation stating that they haven’t dedicated or been convicted of any prison offence and haven’t been concerned, by act or omission, within the fee of any violation of worldwide human rights legislation or worldwide humanitarian legislation.
Because of the excessive quantity of purposes, solely short-listed candidates will likely be contacted.