The battery in your e-bike or e-scooter may very well be placing you and others in danger
On common, the London Hearth Brigade attended 9 e-bike and e-scooter fires a month in 2022.
In 2023, this quantity is rising. In Tower Hamlets there was 1 e-bike or e-scooter associated fireplace each month.
Of the recorded incidents, one resulted within the tragic demise of an 11-year-old lady. One other left a girl with severe well being points and no financial savings.
London Hearth Brigade’s charging recommendation
Forestall fires and shield lives, hold your self and others secure by following the London Hearth Brigade’s recommendation:
- By no means cost if you are asleep or not round
- Unplug your charger as soon as it’s completed charging
- At all times use the proper charger on your batteries and purchase any replacements from a good vendor
- By no means block your fireplace escape route with e-bikes or e-scooters
- Within the occasion of a hearth, name 999, by no means attempt to battle the hearth your self
Discover out how one can hold others and your self secure with extra tips from London Fire Brigade