26 July 2023
Dad and mom and carers who may very well be entitled to obtain a grant to purchase faculty uniforms ought to apply now to make sure they obtain their cash in time for the beginning of the brand new time period.
The Council has maintained its clothes allowance of £150 per youngster for secondary pupils. And as a part of a variety of Value of Dwelling initiatives, the Council has elevated the Scottish Authorities fee to main pupils from £120 to £150, making West Dunbartonshire one of many highest paying Councils in Scotland.
Dad and mom and carers of youngsters who have been mechanically awarded the grant final 12 months should be required to offer proof of earnings and all eligible grants have already been paid. Dad and mom and carers whose circumstances have modified since final 12 months and any new candidates should full a brand new utility.
To say clothes grants and free faculty meals, dad and mom have to be in receipt of the next advantages:
- Revenue Assist
- Common Credit score with an annual earned earnings of £9712 (£809.33 per 30 days)
- Jobseekers Allowance (earnings based mostly)
- Pension Credit score
- Employment and Assist Allowance (earnings associated)
- Working Tax Credit score with earnings lower than £11637
- Assist beneath Half VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- The topic of a kinship care order or a toddler falling inside part 71(3)(f) of the Act (referred to right here as a toddler having a father or mother appointed guardian)
You’re eligible for a faculty clothes grant solely in the event you obtain:
- Housing Profit and/or Council Tax Discount
- Working Tax Credit score with a gross annual earnings of £16,860
You’re eligible for free nursery/faculty meals solely in the event you obtain:
- Baby Tax Credit score solely (however not Working Tax Credit score) with earnings lower than £21,020
- or younger youngsters who’re sorted by the authority involved or any native authority
Many faculties in West Dunbartonshire function a costume code which incorporates all pupils carrying a chosen uniform as this helps to create a powerful faculty id and ethos amongst pupils. The beneficiant faculty clothes grant ought to assist all dad and mom to observe the costume code and tips at their youngsters’s faculty.
Councillor Clare Metal, Convener of Instructional Providers, stated: “I’m delighted we’ve got been in a position to enhance the grant to main pupils and supply a lot wanted monetary help to many extra households in West Dunbartonshire. Our precedence is to assist as many households as doable and I’m assured this enhance might be welcomed throughout our space. I might encourage residents who’re entitled to say to use now to make sure they’ve their cash effectively prematurely of the brand new faculty time period. I perceive the monetary pressure confronted by dad and mom and the way costly it’s to package the children out for going again to highschool. Within the present monetary local weather, this cash might be a great addition for households and I hope everybody who’s entitled to obtain this cash contacts the Council and submits their declare.”
Councillor John Millar, Vice Convener of Instructional Providers, stated: “The method may be very straight ahead and is nice monetary assist for fogeys as the price of faculty uniforms may be costly. So our purpose is to make sure everybody who’s entitled to obtain assist, will get it. I might additionally ask residents to reply shortly if we ask for additional data, as this helps to hurry up the method and get the cash out to oldsters and carers to allow them to get all the things purchased in for the brand new time period.”
For additional data and to use please go to https://www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/school-and-educational-grants/free-school-meals-and-clothing-grant/