Below common course of the Vice Provost of Educational Packages, the Kortschak Middle for Studying and Creativity (KCLC) is searching for a Studying Specialist with sturdy administrative, organizational, interpersonal abilities, and a excessive want to achieve a rising and dynamic group to affix their staff.
The mission of the Kortschak Middle for Studying and Creativity is to use and interact in analysis and coaching to serve people with numerous studying wants and to empower college students to succeed in their full educational and inventive potential. KCLC affords outreach, programming, and particular person teaching companies to USC undergraduates and departments to advertise a campus-wide understanding of studying variations and their potential to facilitate creativity and educational excellence.
The Studying Specialist develops outreach and assist plans for college kids with studying variations, collaborates with KCLC workers and coordinates assist programming with campus stakeholders.
The profitable candidate should possess direct work-related expertise in pupil assist companies and programming with the power to work independently, and as a part of a staff. They may act creatively as a person and in live performance with others to provoke packages and to develop packages that may assist numerous learners assembly their educational and inventive potential.
The Workplace of the Provost offers educational management to the College of Southern California. Its elementary job is to make sure excellence in instructing, analysis, and scholarship. The Workplace goals to recruit the very best college, workers and college students on the planet. It offers myriad grants, fellowships and awards to assist this cost. The Workplace additionally implements and evaluations educational initiatives that assist and complement the College Mission, globalization efforts, and interdisciplinary work throughout each the College Park and Well being Sciences Campuses.
The hourly fee vary for this place is $23.91 – $28.00. When extending a suggestion of employment, the College of Southern California considers elements akin to (however not restricted to) the scope and duties of the place, the candidate’s work expertise, training/coaching, key abilities, inside peer fairness, federal, state and native legal guidelines, contractual stipulations, grant funding, in addition to exterior market and organizational issues.
- Collaborates in Faculty-wide efforts to advertise pupil success which is demonstrated by attaining and sustaining retention targets and commencement charges.
- Coordinates all components of KCLC’s campus vast outreach and workshop program.
- Supplies individualized assist to college students primarily based on recognized threat elements, helping them in creating particular person plans for achievement. Works with and triages pupil caseload.
- Evaluates pupil issues, educational, administrative, or private, and refers pupil to applicable pupil companies workplace for added counseling.
- Maintains FERPA compliant pupil information and helps KCLC knowledge assortment.
- Serves as advisor to particular teams and organizations. Assists in planning and administering particular packages akin to college advisor packages, peer tutorial or advisor teams, and honor teams.
- Participates in committees on the division, faculty, faculty or college stage that offers with in pupil companies points. Supplies administrative assist for native committees and works on committee-assigned initiatives.
- Liaises with different workplaces on behalf of scholars to facilitate drawback decision.
- Arranges for and participates in analysis actions that assist numerous learners to persist.
- Maintains and compiles statistical knowledge. Prepares reviews for inside and exterior use.
- Performs different duties as assigned or requested. The college reserves the suitable so as to add or change duties at any time.
- The College of Southern California values variety and is dedicated to equal alternative in employment.
- Minimal Schooling: Bachelor’s diploma, Mixed expertise/training as substitute for minimal training
- Minimal Expertise: 1 yr, Mixed training/expertise as substitute for minimal expertise
- Minimal Subject of Experience: Pupil personnel administration
- 2 years in pupil personnel administration, training, counseling, occupational remedy or associated subject
- Earlier expertise managing a workers of pupil employees.
- Should have a robust understanding of related college coverage, together with nationwide requirements and practices in related areas akin to studying disabilities, pupil studying, and wellness.
- Demonstrated expertise with drawback identification and battle decision.
- Demonstrated expertise with inventive writing and modifying.
- ·Demonstrated expertise working with/familiarity with LD, ADHD, and so forth.
- Sometimes possesses data of challenge administration and group methodologies.
- Robust presentation abilities.
- Extremely proficient with quite a lot of software program platforms akin to: one-drive, google docs, Phrase, Entry, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Canva, wufoo, woodpress, and so forth.
- Robust written and communication abilities.
- Robust presentation abilities.
- Robust social media abilities.
- Skill to construct and keep sturdy working relationships with college students, workers, and college.
- Demonstrated sturdy private mastery, together with ethics, interpersonal abilities, and interact in steady studying.
- Skill to handle a number of initiatives, alter to altering priorities and performing effectively underneath stress.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities, excessive consideration to element, and skill to work each independently and as a part of a staff.
Minimal Schooling: Bachelor’s diploma, Mixed expertise/training as substitute for minimal training
Minimal Expertise: 1 yr, Mixed training/expertise as substitute for minimal expertise
Minimal Subject of Experience: Pupil personnel administration