Tune into this two-part webinar to study concerning the quickly evolving sustainability panorama. Hear about latest developments in sustainability reporting and assurance requirements and regulatory necessities, and the implications and alternatives for CPAs.
|Location and date:|
|On-line (English)||September 14, 2023 – 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. EST|
WEBINAR 1: UNDERSTANDING THE SUSTAINABILITY LANDSCAPE
An rising variety of entities reporting inside Canada present data on their sustainability efficiency. As reporting will increase and momentum continues towards a worldwide sustainability reporting system, Canadian entities have to be acquainted with the altering sustainability reporting panorama. CPAs might want to perceive what sustainability reporting is and the reporting necessities, together with being able to figuring out sustainability dangers and alternatives which can be prone to have a monetary affect for his or her organizations and purchasers.
Be a part of CPA Canada and the Worldwide Sustainability Requirements Board (ISSB) for a:
- Abstract of what sustainability reporting is and why it’s vital for all CPAs to construct data on this space
- Background on varied requirements, frameworks and gamers within the sustainability ecosystem
- Temporary replace on the developments in Canada and globally associated to sustainability reporting, together with related regulatory updates and an replace on the Canadian Sustainability Standards Board (CSSB)
- Overview of the ISSB’s inaugural standards, IFRS S1 and S2, in addition to details about the ISSB’s Partnership Framework for Capability Constructing
Understanding the Sustainability Panorama
1 CPD hour
WEBINAR 2: ASSURANCE ON SUSTAINABILY REPORTING
With elevated sustainability reporting and momentum in the direction of standardization, it’s vital for assurance suppliers to pay attention to the impacts to their purchasers’ enterprise actions and assurance wants. Third-party assurance on data outdoors the monetary statements, together with sustainability data, isn’t one thing new to the CPA career. There may be, nonetheless, a possibility and a necessity for the peace of mind career to play an even bigger position in enhancing belief and confidence in sustainability data and making certain that it’s as constant, comparable and trusted as monetary data.
Be a part of CPA Canada and the Auditing and Assurance Requirements Board (AASB) for a:
- Refresher on the developments in Canada and globally, associated to sustainability reporting and assurance, together with related regulatory and requirements updates and developments
- Overview of an auditor’s present tasks associated to monetary assertion audits and the peace of mind choices accessible in the present day
- Introduction to the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board’s newly proposed Worldwide Commonplace on Sustainability Assurance (ISSA) 5000, Normal Necessities for Sustainability Assurance Engagements. Moreover, we’ll cowl the AASB’s project to undertake ISSA 5000 concurrently in Canada as Canadian Commonplace on Sustainability Assurance (CSSA) 5000.
Assurance on Sustainability Reporting
1.5 CPD hours
Steadily requested questions:
Webinar 1: Understanding the Sustainability Panorama is 1.0 CPD hour.
Webinar 2: Assurance on Sustainability Reporting is 1.5 CPD hours.
You might also be taken with:
September 12, 2023
2023 would require companies to stay resilient by way of turbulent occasions. Get the knowledge you should proceed the evolution of your group at CPA Canada’s flagship convention. Attend in particular person or on-line – your alternative!
Environments with fixed disruption require expert and various audit committee members, but alternative lies in change. Hear from business specialists on this assortment from the 2022 Convention for Audit Committees and Company Governance.
The Sustainability and ESG certificates promotes and helps the flexibility of enterprise professionals to help a company in creating worth for the long run whereas contemplating the affect on society at giant.