Médecins Sans Frontières is a global unbiased medical-humanitarian group, which affords help to populations in misery, to victims of pure or man-made disasters and to victims of armed battle, with out discrimination and regardless of race, faith, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings collectively people dedicated to the help of different human beings in disaster. As such MSF is by alternative an affiliation. Every particular person working with MSF does it out of conviction and is able to uphold the values and ideas of MSF.
The MSF motion is constructed round six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is a type of directorates. The operations are applied by discipline groups and the mission coordination groups; along with the organizational models based mostly in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. OCBA discipline operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit, and different departments supporting operations, together with the Medical Division.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND CONTEXT
The primary goal of this place is to assist OCBA groups at mission and division degree with evaluation, reflection, positioning, and advocacy on recognized well being points.
That is primarily accomplished via the Centre for Utilized Reflection on Humanitarian Apply (ARHP), which paperwork and displays upon the operational challenges and dilemmas confronted by the sector groups of OCBA. ARHP’s function is two-fold: internally it goals to feed recognized classes realized again into operations in addition to to assist advocacy efforts, whereas externally it seeks to present visibility to sensible and operational constraints in humanitarian follow and, when related, how MSF has addressed them.
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
This place is predicated within the ARHP, whereas additionally being a part of the OCBA medical community, reporting hierarchically to the Head of the ARHP and functionally to the Deputy Medical Director.
Efficient partnerships with discipline coordination groups and operational cells are important.
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES, FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Present an summary of world well being developments to assist missions, in addition to the medical and operations departments, to determine issues and significant alternatives for MSF to share its medical humanitarian evaluation and to conduct advocacy so to enhance the state of affairs of the affected inhabitants.
- Assist the medical division with evaluation of general international well being wants in conflict-settings, so to orient prioritization and planning processes.
- In step with the OCBA technique and operational priorities, assist the mission coordination and discipline groups with sparring, evaluation, participating, positioning, and advocacy on well being points, together with the drafting of briefing papers, stories, speaking factors and many others.
- Reply to requests from OCBA coordination and discipline groups for assist in figuring out well being advocacy priorities, formulating methods, and implementation.
- Contribute to organizational studying on medical-humanitarian responses and programming, particularly via the proposal and implementation of chosen well being evaluation tasks (challenge playing cards).
- Assist the ARHP and medical community with evaluation/reflection on well being points as requested.
- Symbolize OCBA in inter-sectional / international well being evaluation and advocacy initiatives (e.g., GHAN, Meals Safety Advocacy Working Group, Entry Marketing campaign), and in exterior engagements with International Well being actors.
- Evaluation of evolving health-related developments that may have an effect on OCBA mission priorities to assist wider advocacy and operational approaches.
- Assist within the identification for the missions, medical and operations division, the exterior processes which can be of curiosity to partake in and affect for the profitable growth of key well being dossiers.
- Manufacturing of supplies tailored to completely different wants/audiences (inside and exterior audiences).
- Make connections with the various MSF our bodies and initiatives which can be related to a selected problem.
- Periodic updates on related international well being actors and developments (e.g., shifts in international well being actors’ priorities, well being financing) are shared with the sector in order that they’ll join their work with the larger image.
- Prioritized missions are given the required assist for evaluation and advocacy on the annual operations well being priorities (e.g., for 2023 – emergency response and prevention, malnutrition response and vaccination response/campaigns). This contains working with the related medical referents and aiding missions to supply related information for inter-sectional and different advocacy initiatives.
- Develop briefing papers for prioritized missions on HIV/TB/malaria state of affairs and in any other case assist engagement within the 2023-2026 International Fund (GF) replenishment and different related processes.
- Evaluation and engagement on entry to main healthcare, to assist missions with in-depth understanding of PHC methods and related actors, to orient packages and to think about the general influence of our response.
- Assist to prioritized missions to investigate developments on sexual violence and survivors’ entry to providers, in addition to the event of an advocacy technique the place wanted.
- Make sure the profitable implementation of, and use of the evaluation from, the challenge playing cards.
- Mission file 2023: Second section for entry to contraception and protected abortion care (SAC) in Center East.
- Mission file 2023: Fragile/advanced working setting insurance policies and approaches.
Training, Expertise and desired attributes:
- Grasp’s diploma in Public Well being/ Well being Coverage, or equal expertise.
- Expertise working with MSF or different worldwide humanitarian non-governmental organizations. Sturdy desire for a candidate with discipline expertise with MSF or an identical group.
- Expertise in well being advocacy at international, regional and/or nationwide degree.
- Demonstrable understanding of world well being actors, points, and developments.
- Analytical and strategic considering.
- Wonderful communication expertise and skill to put in writing excessive degree technical stories appropriate for exterior dissemination.
- Confirmed capacity to current advanced info in clear, concise and fascinating methods.
- Fluency in English and French. Different languages (e.g., Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese) an asset.
- Consciousness of and sensitivity to multi-cultural and numerous environments, and ideally a confirmed observe file of working successfully in such environments.
- Place is predicated in any MSF OCBA Hub with availability to journey to MSF discipline tasks when requested.
- Contract length: Everlasting.
- Annual Gross Wage: degree HQ-4B (divided in 12 month-to-month funds) + secondary advantages based mostly on MSF OCBA Reward Coverage. Topic to native circumstances.
- Beginning date: September 2023.
Learn how to apply
HOW TO APPLY
MSF is dedicated to attaining workforce variety when it comes to gender, race, nationality, and tradition. People from
minority teams, indigenous teams and individuals with disabilities are inspired to use. We’re dedicated to attaining a balanced gender distribution and subsequently encourage ladies to use.
All purposes shall be handled with the strictest confidence. MSF offers a piece setting that displays the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a wholesome steadiness of labor and life. MSF doesn’t tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any type of harassment, together with sexual harassment and discrimination. All chosen
candidates will, subsequently, bear reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontières, as a accountable employer, below article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite these individuals with a acknowledged incapacity and with an curiosity within the humanitarian space to use for the above-mentioned place.